All those countless hours of rehearsing my Oscar award winning speech in front of my bathroom mirror (cammondo style) has finally paid off.
Sure, The Liebster award may not be as grand or as well known as an Oscar but it still counts!
“I would just like to thank the lovely Nida Shazeb for nominating me for this award. I honestly wouldn’t have gotten it without you,” I say as my lightly salted tears kiss my cheeks.
Tehe. I couldn’t resist. 😉
On a serious note though – If you are dying for a good read, do yourself a favour and visit Nika’s ever so intriguing blog, On the road to Inkrichment (http://inkriched.com/). #NoRegrets
What is this award you speak of? Yeah, those were exacts thoughts at first as well. Fear not, I shall put your mind at ease.
“The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.”
Now that that is out of the way, here are the rules:
If you are nominated, you are required to:
- Provide a link to the awesome blogger who nominated you
- Share 11 facts about yourself – no matter how wacky or plain they might be
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Choose 11 more fantastic blogs to nominate
- Ask these fantastic bloggers 11 questions of your own
11 Facts about me:
- I bite my nails. This is a habit I wish would die but it seems to be immortal. Let’s just say my dreams of being a hand model will never become a reality. Sure, I could wear fake nails but the eye poking that occurs whenever I put in or take out my contacts isn’t worth it. One that note, I have half blind. I can barely see my hand stretched out in front of me without my seeing gear. It is awful considering I am still in my teens.
- I am a CHOCOHOLIC! I place myself in chocolate anonymous every Monday just to relapse every Thursday. This addiction is an on-going battle. Something tells me I will be taking this addiction to the grave with me.
- My boobs get hit on more than I do. It is a sad but true fact.
- I have 11 toes.
- I don’t like zoo’s. Animals shouldn’t be caged up like that. There is just something about zoo’s that freaks me out.
- The colour yellow appeals to my senses.
- I am a Hooters Girl. Hence fact no. 3. I also work as a shooter girl as well as a swimming coach. Yip, 3 jobs and I am studying part time. Life is gooooood.
- You know I cherish our relationship if I pee in front of you. I think it is a bonding thing or something like that.
- Fact no. 4 was a lie. HA! I got your there. I have 10 toes and 10 fingers.
- I drive a 1964 Beetle. *Laughs evilly whiles rubbing hands together*. No one is safe when my baby blue Betsy and I are on the road.
- If I could become immortal at any age, I would choose to become immortal at the age 23. Please do not ask me why for I do not know the answer. That age just appeals to me.
If these facts haven’t quite satisfied your wondering mind yet, check out one of my very first posts: Who is Angelique Delamere? (https://angiemdelamere.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/who-is-angelique-delamere/)
My answers to NS’s questions:
- What keeps you going? – The thought of an upcoming meal never ceases to fail to keep me going. I get so excited knowing that I will be indulging sometime in the very near future. I am a real fatty through and through. To answer your question more correctly, my family and friends keep me motivated to get out there and achieved my dreams, no matter how small or big.
- What’s your biggest vice? – I had to google what a vice was just to be double sure. My “immoral or wicked behavior” would be my sneaky habit of breaking into my families ‘secret’ chocolate stash. Yeah, call the cops. I am out of control.
- What’s your favourite piece of jewellery or keepsake? – I have a Guardian angel pendent. I love that thing to the moon and back. There is no special history to the pendant and anything super cool like that but it means the world to me.
- Biggest adventure you dream of or have been to? – My father once told me about his dream to fly around the world. Being a travel and adventure lover myself, I soon adopted his dream as my own, helping him to expand on it. I am not going to get into it too much just in case there are dream snatchers out and about but trust me, it is thrilling. Okay okay. You twisted my arm. I will give you some clues: North and south pole, an old airplane, world record. I have already said too much!
- Humans or aliens? – Aliens. It is as simple as that. No explanation or reasoning is needed.
- What burns your blood? – I lose my shit when people chew like savages. The last thing I want to hear is someone masticating. It drives me up the walls. It really isn’t that hard to keep your mouth closed when eating. I once slapped a bitch because of the way she was chewing. . Consider yourself warned. My blood started burning just typing this answer.
- If you could have a holiday named after you, what would it be? – If space travel ever becomes as common as flying down to the coast in the summer, I would go to great lengths to get a trip to the moon named after me. I have a huge fascination when it comes to space and all its wonders. Hells bells, even if the trip wasn’t named after me, I would sell my left arm just to go to the moon. I have also decided that my ashes will be released into space once I have died.
- Err…who was Liebster? And why 11? – If I knew, I would tell you. I, myself, have wondered about this. I guess somethings are better left unexplained.
- Pancakes or waffles? – Waffles all the way! There is nothing better than waking up to the sweet smell of homemade waffles. My dad is a master in the kitchen so you can only imagine that feasts we have. “AND IN THE MORNING, I’M MAKING WAFFLES!”
- What’s your favourite cartoon bad guy? – I must be honest, I don’t have a favourite cartoon bad guys although the best cartoon bad guy name has got to be Mojo Jojo. Come on! Say it with me. Mojo Jojo. It rolls off the tongue with such ease. Ben 10 is also quite the cartoon hottie. #cartooncrush
- What do you think of my blog? – I am a fan! I am glad I hit that follow button. May the good writing continue! *raises a glass of red wine to toast to your blog*
And the award goes to…
It took me a while to find blogs to nominate. Almost all of my favourite blogs had already been nominated several times so I took some extra time trying to track down some blogs that hadn’t yet received the Liebster award.
They are as follows:
- Snap thoughts – http://kiwibeeblogger.wordpress.com/
- World of MyMae – http://worldofmymae.wordpress.com/2014/04/28/blended-a-festival-of-music-to-serenade-dubai/
- A boy named Sue – http://suetidau.wordpress.com/2014/04/28/learning-from-mistakes/
- Sometimes Y, and After C – http://stargazer2110.wordpress.com/
- Splendid Sass – http://splendidsass.wordpress.com/
- Speak Lyfe – http://speaklyfe.wordpress.com/about/
- Greenberry street – http://greenberrystreet.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/an-intro-to-greenberry-street/
- Microgalatic – http://galacivilization.wordpress.com/2014/04/17/why-i-started-this-blog/
I couldn’t resist renominating some of my favourite blogs. Here they are:
- Hugh’s views and news – http://hughsviewsandnews.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/castles-theatres-and-a-trip-back-to-the-past-all-without-use-of-my-time-machine-2/
- The chocolate teapot – http://annabelmcquade.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/hi-im-anna-and-i-think-im-funny/
- Still no ides for a title – http://aclewis000.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/all-about-me-yet-not-about-me-at-all/
- If you could choose how you would die, how would you die?
- What would you do if you only have 24 hours left to live?
- What is your most prized piece of knowledge?
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- If you were stranded on an island made entirely of one food, what would that food be?
- Who’s your daddy?
- When you were little, what did you want to become when you grew up?
- What will you be doing the day pigs fly?
- If you were emitted into a mental institution, what would it be for?
- If Mr. Bean and SpongeBob had a dance off, who would win and why?
- What were you in your previous life?
Happy answering – I look forward to reading your replies!